Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Tale of Terror Part IX: The Final Dream Warrior Child Master

[Missed the last part? Here is it: Part VIII: Never Hold A Grudge]

“Seven Days,” the Japanese girl whispered like a ghost. Well I assume she was Japanese since she finished her sentence with a one of those Japanese School Girl giggles, I guess it could have been one of those Cosplay White Girls. “Your library book is seven days overdue. You are going to have a late charge of 50 cents if we don’t receive it by tomorrow morning.”

“FIFTY CENTS! What is this, some sorta racket!?” I exclaimed. “You’ll get your damned book back,” I added before hanging up the phone in anger. Seriously, fifty cents? What am I, made of money? I grabbed the borrowed copy of the “Necronomicon Ex-Mortis” off the nightstand and was about to head out the door when the phone rang again.

“Yeah, I got it, I’m on my way--” I answer with an exasperated sigh.

“I’m your boyfriend now, Nancy!” a deep sexy says, and suddenly there is a tongue poking out of the receiver tonguing my ear. 

“Hey now, mister, slow it down, this isn’t Nancy. But if you wanna talk for a while, I’m all ears. I could even put the receiver down for a little bit,” I say, giggling like a Japanese School Girl, hoping that he picks up on my entendre.

“EW GROSS!” the voice exclaimed, less sexily. “Is Stephen there?”

“Wait, didn't you just say you wanted Nancy?”

“That’s just my nickname for boyfriend. So is Stephen there or what?” he asked sassily.

“Sorry, kitten, you got the wrong number,” I said, slamming the phone down, only to have it ring again a second later. This time I was smart and looked at the caller ID next to the phone. “976-3845” the box display read. I recognized the number immediately, and the call was coming from inside the house! I could tell because it was my neighbor Karen Black’s cell phone number and she was standing in my breakfast nook, holding her cell phone up to her ear making a call to me. Such a strange woman, that Karen.

“They’re here…” she said, in her creepy wonky eyed way.

“Why are you--” I started to ask when the front door blew open. Like, totally blew-up-open-off-the-hinges shit and splintered against the wall. There, standing in the doorway, was a Zuni Hunting Fetish Doll! “You again?!” I exclaimed in confused dismay, instantly regretting that I gave Karen Black an extra key to my place. The Doll made a garbled noise and chomped its teeth before flying at Karen Black’s face. She screamed as it bit into her cheek with its razor teeth, pulling off half of her face. She fell to the floor like Amanda Bynes doing a Lindsay Lohan impersonation.


I screamed like a woman, because I’m a lady, and ran into the bathroom and locked myself in. The Zuni Doll began to bang on the door in frustration, then, a minute later, started to shove its tiny knife under the door in a feeble attempt to stab the bottom of my feet, but I had taken a step back and was out of range. Then it started to shove its little knife between the door and the frame. I started to laugh, since cursed dolls can be pretty stupid, but stopped short when I realized that it was using the knife to jimmy the door open.

“Crap,” I said as the lock clicked and the door flew open. It didn't miss a beat and leapt straight towards me. “Not the face! Not the face!” I cried like a little bitch as I closed my eyes and waited for its death blow. But then nothing came. I opened my eyes to see it literally rolling on the floor laughing.

“Oh my god, you should see your face,” it said in Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s voice.

“What the…” I trailed off in confusion.

“APRIL FOOL’S DAY!” Joseph said as he sat up and pulled off the Zuni Doll mask all Scooby Doo style.

“But it’s not April Fool’s Day! It’s October 13th.”

“Yeah, April Fool’s Day, see,” he said, pulling out his pocket calendar and pointing at the date, where it was clearly printed “April Fool’s Day.”

“Where did you get that stupid calendar?”

“The 99 cent store.”

“Damn you, 99 cent store!” I bellowed, shaking my fist into the air, “Damn You!” Then we made out and ate candied apples… if you catch my drift…

HAPPY HALLOWEEN YA'LLS

No comments: