Monday, February 19, 2007

If you touch it I'ma start some drama

Let me set the scene for you: Just got paid, Friday Night, the party was going to be bumpin. I went over to my friend Pygar's condo to help him get ready. He has this posh penthouse at the Long Beach Aqua building. He is always putting together the most random out fits, total haute couture stuff, but his hair is always a mess, pretty much because he is blind as a bat [sans the echolocation]. I used to get there around seven, but showed up around nine. I was tapering the growler, and since it had been a while, it took me a little longer than usual. I was just about to knock on the door when it opened, Pygar's angelic voice inviting me in.

"How'd you know it was me?" I asked and I walked into the living room where he was seated sipping on an Apple Martini. He was wearing these brown chords with some ambisexual blouse that was so bright that I had to squint to look directly at it. As usual, his beautiful blonde hair looked as if he had just gotten out of bed.

"You forget, Frau, I am an angel." He answered calmly.

"Yeah, but it still kinda creeps me out. Not that yer an angel, I totally have friends who are angels, and it doesn't bother me, but that you knew before I even knocked."

"Oh, Frau Bella, you should have no worries when I am near" His voice soothed like a shot of Irish Crème. "Chi-Chi, Frau is here, come and say hello." He called out with quiet grace. A moment later, Chi-Chi, Pygar's seeing-eye Puggle, walked in and came over to me, licking my boot before sitting next to Pygar. "Good, girl."

"Well, lets get started on that birds nest you call a head!" I quipped. After a laborious hour of combing and spraying, the place smelled of Aqua Net and Aussie, but all of my hard work paid off, and his hair appeared to be an effortless mess, almost as if he had just gotten out of bed and said to himself "I'm too cool to waste time combing my hair."

"Tonight is going to be so much fun! I called Britney Spears and told her it was going to be an 'Alien 3' themed party and that she needed to shave her head or else they wouldn't let her in! Man, is she gullible!" I said as we got into the elevator and both laughed. Pygar moved to the back of the elevator with Chi-Chi sitting quietly by his side. "So are you going to totally hook up with some chicks to scam on?"

"I do not understand, 'scam on?'"

"You know, like, make love!"

"Make Love? I do not understand." He said with a calm innocent confusion as the elevator slowed halfway into our decent to the lobby. The doors opened to a wreck of a woman standing there with a soiled shirt and a twig stuck in her hair. Next to her was a fat lump of a dog breathing so heavily it would have made an obscene phone caller blush.

"Oh that's that dog that bites." She growled at Pygar.

"Madame, you must have Chi-Chi confused with some other dog." Pygar said.

"Oh really?" She said, contemptuously glancing between us while getting into the elevator. The doors had just closed when she made a barking sound and a growl. "See, your dog just bit mine!" She yelled, mashing the elevator buttons with her palm to get off on the next floor.

"Chi-Chi did no such thing." Pygar said with quiet defense.

"Yes it did, and now my little dumpling is bleeding all over." She said. I was shocked silent at her mad rambling as I looked from her unscathed slab of meat she called a dog back to the twig sticking out of her hair. "I hope your dog has rabies!" she said as the doors opened and she stepped out.

"Fuck you, you fucking dumb ass bitch cunting whore!" Pygar yelled. "I hope you get fucking ass raped, lord knows that cunt of yours if full of cobwebs!" He managed to say before the doors closed and we began our decent again. "As I was saying," his voice the picture of calm again, "Angels don't make love, Frau Bella, they are love."

No comments: